Monday, September 19, 2011

You Never Know if You Never Try

When I read "write about one person who is significant to you who is not from your family”, the first person that appeared in my mind was my boyfriend. His name is Jose. Jose has everything that I had always searched for in a guy and our relationship is like the one I always wanted. He is outgoing, sociable, tall, has dark hair, tanned skin, his smile is cute and contagious, his arms are long so when he hugs me I feel like nothing can happen to me with his arms around me, and he has beautiful little brown eyes that make me fall more and more in love each time I look into them.

I met him at a party in late February this year. Since the day after we met we began to talk and became friends, we talked a lot almost every day. Before we met, I had heard a lot of stories about him and the things he did. I could tell that Jose was the type of guy who likes to be with his friends partying without thinking about anything or anyone but himself. He did not care about how other people felt and how the consequences of his actions affected others. Suddenly, I started listening that he was looking for something more than just friendship with me and that this time he was going serious. This was difficult for me to believe because he did not knew me so well and the impression I had about him was not exactly the greatest. Because all the things I had heard before, I did not saw him as a good guy to fall for and besides, I was not looking for a relationship with anybody. For me it was dumb to begin a relationship or fall in love with someone who had a reputation like his. It was hard to imagine him committed to just one girl, even though he swore that his feelings for me were real. I was also afraid to believe in him and in the end realizing that he only wanted to be with me for a while and being me the one who ends hurt. I was a bit blocked on changing my mind about him and I did not listen to others when they tried to convince me.

But finally, I noticed that Jose behaved really different with me than with everybody else. His cute and special behavior when he was around me, the way he talked to me, how much he tried to talk to me, and even the way he looked at me, somehow made me feel like maybe I could really believe in him. After he made me feel that way, none of the things I had heard about him mattered to me. I began to feel safe and secure when we were together. I also realized it was not that difficult to trust in him, I started to like him and developing feelings for him that made me decide to give us a chance to be together. After such a short time since I first met him, he made me break the promise that I made to myself of not falling in love with anyone without first knowing him perfectly and be absolutely sure that every little thing he was saying was true and he would mean it. With him everything felt different, it all seemed to be like fate wanted us to be together.

We started dating and everything went just perfect, there were no obstacles on our way. He got along with my family and my friends very well. He told me all the things I had always wanted to hear from a guy. I found out he had everything I ever wanted, I am sure I would be regretting now if I would let my decisions be carried by the things I knew about his past and not by the way I felt about him. He became my boyfriend and my best friend. I feel comfortable talking with him about everything and I trust him so much. We have a lot of things in common, even our birthdays are near, and we know how to accept our differences. With him I can always have a good time, it does not matter where we are or with whom, if we are together I feel happy and safe. We have been together for almost four months now and I cannot assure how much time we are going to spend together, I hope it will be a long time, but I am sure that if we break up now we had already learned a lot of things from each other and spent countless incredible moments together that are now saved in my heart and I will leave them there forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment