Monday, September 26, 2011

Forever Friends

In my childhood I changed best friends as often as I changed clothes, but Mafer was always in my life, either I hated her or loved her she was always present. I clearly remember when I first enter in the school and she was in my class, we started to hang out with other two girls. We were the four inseparable girlfriends of the class for two years, until we started primary school and we changed the group members a couple of times but Mafer and me always stayed together. We rode the same bus so we spent more time together than with the other girls. We knew all our secrets, had inside jokes, and always stayed together in the bus, in our friends’ birthdays, and in the class.

The problem started when we realized we liked the same guy. I remember how all the moments we spent together, all our memories, and all our friendship became just insignificant to me when I found out that this guy liked her too. We were in second grade I think when all these started. We began to distance because I couldn’t handle my jealousy when she showed me all the things he gifted to her and talked about everything that he told her. Then things get worse because they broke up and the guy started talking to me and I liked him so much that I didn’t care about Mafer feelings and started dating with this guy. When I say dating, at 8 years old I mean spend a couple of recess together, talk in MSN, and very occasionally talking on the phone, but to us it was a big thing. After he broke up with me he went back with Mafer and so on, he did it a lot of times. I think Mafer and I could blame him for our fights but it was also our fault because instead of trying to become friends again, we started teasing and talking bad about each other.

Our bus seats turned into a battlefield, we had fights every single morning when we ended up crying, the teachers scolding and sending us to another seats. In the afternoon we were like nothing happened the morning before and were friends again until the next day when the circle continued. We spent more than a year in that situation that I believed we both enjoyed a little bit. Then Mafer moved to a different house, we stopped riding the same bus and we were not in the same class anymore so then was we became real enemies. We couldn’t even listen to our names without making disgusted faces or saying something bad about us. We spent almost all primary that way, we swore we will never talk or be friends never again.

In sixth grade, teachers had the great idea of putting us in the same class again after four years of fighting. At the beginning, neither if us liked being in the same classroom at all but as the time passed we realized we were already over everything that happened before and we started talking again. Little by little we became friends again. Now she is one of my best friends, she is the one I have more time knowing of the entire group and the one I have more memories with. We spend a lot of time together and count on each other almost for everything. Every time we talk about our fights and everything we went through we laugh a lot and know that no matter what goes between us, we will always be there for each other and we will be forever friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment